In this competitive world of software development to survive Darwin”s theory of survival of the fittest it is important that a web development company follows proper process to deliver the best to its clients. Strategic planning makes it easy to draw a live picture of client”s concepts of web development using the latest technology easy and smooth.
Guidelines for web development which can help web development company survive the competition are popularly known as SDLC methodology. This methodology highlights how the development process should begin and when it should be believed to be completed.
Here is a step by step process as per the SDLC methodology which should be followed by web developer at any web development company.
1) Framing a plan : Any achievement whether small or big is impossible to achieve without proper plan. No athlete would have topped the Olympics if they had not planned for the event and prepared accordingly. Planning is the base for any web application development by a web development company. It is during this stage that efforts begin to mold the concept application of client into a real application.
2) Looks of the application : How the application will look or function is of prime importance to the clients. At this stage web developers of a web development company develop a rough image of the application and its function. On approval of the rough idea actual work on the project starts. The project is divided into small parts and assigned to different web developers; duties for the project are allocated: language in which the application will be built and estimated time to complete the project is also declared.
3) Implementation : Different web developers with the web development company start working on the project related task assigned to them. On completion of each small task seniors are called for approvals. This ensures that the development is being done as expected.
4) Testing : It is a big setback for a software development company if the software so developed fails to give expected results. Hence testing is very important to ensure that the application is bugs free. It is first tested in house by people not related to the web development and then made live for its users. Here also there is scope for changes if the users are unable to have a smooth experience using the application.
5) Acceptance : When clients and the people using the application feel good about it, it can be said that the application has been accepted. This is the best moment of the whole process.
6) Maintenance : It is a universal truth that anything developed needs maintenance same is the case with web application development. They need regular maintenance so that they keep functioning better and better. Maintenance services offered by the web development company should also include inclusion of new features in the application on an as required basis.
There are less chances of failure for a web application developed using SDLC model. Benefits of SDLC to a web development are many however some of the most important benefits can be listed as below:
– Work is done in a proper pattern
– Responsibility gets assigned
– Project objectives are clearly laid down
– Perfect product is achieved in time
– Cost effective